Tuesday, December 10, 2013

To Buy a Clarisonic Brush?



With this first official snowfall in Boston comes the first stretch of dry, cold weather… FUN! While I personally love winter and a fresh coat of snow, my skin HATES it. First the summer glow begins to fade and my bright blue, Norwegian veins show up (I also find these veins fascinating, but sometimes it’s a bit sickly looking). Then my skins gets little dry patches, nothing major, a little around the eyes, a spot around the mouth, etc. And then it’s real winter and that’s when I have to start paying attention. 


[Side note: I never used to have issues with dry skin, eczema, pimples… Just ask my parents. Then throw in a real job with a little stress and I’ve got them all. None of them are terrible, but one little red spot is really apparent in the winter on my pasty, porcelain skin. And for me, one spot is too many and I stress over it]


So, recently, I started trying to pay attention to my skin. As all the blogs say, at 23 things begin to go downhill and I’m two years into that slippery slope. I’ve already started using moisturizer (Cetaphil Cream), but never really cared about washing my face before bed, or removing makeup. Here I am though, $150.00 later with a brand new skincare product, and I must say I am in LOVE. 


Mia 2
Clarisonic Mia 2 in Amethyst
I bought a Clarisonic from Sephora. And I hate to admit I bought it because the blogs told me to (I made sure I bought it with a 60 Day Guarantee in case I wanted to return it), but I did. What I hate to admit more, is that I LOVE it! My skin is SO soft and hasn’t been nearly as dry. I still have breakouts and the random patch of dry skin, but I’m going to say that’s user error—I don’t use it every day. To fix these patches, I dab on a little of my eczema cream, Elidel, prescribed by my dermatologist. 


Mia 2
Clarisonic Mia 2 in Amethyst
But back to the Clarisonic—The whole process takes about a minute and a half. Usually, I give my face a quick rinse, throw some soap on the scrubber, and follow the directions. First I do the forehead, followed by the chin and nose, before moving on to each cheek. For the forehead and chin it’s 20 seconds and each cheek is 10—quick, painless, and easy. Once my face is dry, I apply a little lotion and go about my routine. I’ve used it both at night and in the morning and have noticed two differences. If I use it at night, my face is noticeably more moisturized in the morning than it was the night before or if I don’t use it. If I use it in the morning, my makeup goes on a lot smoother, and I don’t need as much.


Overall, I really enjoy the product. It’s like a bigger electric toothbrush and as I mentioned before, I love that too. My skin looks brighter and is smoother to the touch. Was it worth the $150.00? I’m going to say yes. If I had hated it, I would have returned it. It’s at least something good to try out if you’re having any problems with your skin (might want to ask a dermatologist first though).

No comments:

Post a Comment