Wednesday, September 11, 2013

To Add a Tangelo?



This morning I decided it was a good idea to take an extra-long shower because I was feeling a little lethargic and wasn’t ready to face my closet and the rest of the day. Well, that put me quite behind schedule. My alarm went off at 7:03; I hopped in the shower and didn’t emerge until 7:28. Normally, I am out the door by 7:43 at the LATEST to make sure I’m at the office before 8 AM.


I had about 15 minutes to dry off, get dressed, brush my hair, and put on makeup. Unfortunately, I also decided last night to buy some Chicken filets at Whole Foods to use for my dinner tonight, but didn’t get to marinade them. I knew if I didn’t put them in something this morning, I wouldn’t eat them tonight because who wants plain chicken. If not tonight, then I’d probably end up freezing them or tossing them before taking off for St. Louis tomorrow. Fortunately, I got ready in record time and was able toss them into a marinade.

[Side note: I bought two, one for dinner, and one for tomorrow’s lunch over a bed of mixed greens and cucumber.]

Now normally, I’d do like lemon, salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil; however, my lemon looked like an 80 year-old lady who uses baby oil as tanning lotion on the beach—shriveled. I decided it was a good idea to substitute a tangelo for the lemon… I also built this herb garden for my living room and the plant lady suggested Lemon Thyme for it (apparently good for drinks, chicken, and fish?). Remembering I had some, I threw in a couple of sprigs of that.

I feel like it’s going to be a pretty decent dish, but only time will tell. I’ll let you know this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment